“When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out.” -Erma Bombeck

Monday, November 18, 2013

Trent doesn't mess around when he plays dressup!

Our own little doc mcstuffins
A girl and her bear
A boy and his daddy

Batman! Uncle V in sf

Trip to China town












Deep into fall now. Days are filled with busyness, but I feel good about it. It's structure and has plenty of time to play and rest. I wake around 530 and sit out in the living room drinking coffee. I make your lunches (if I didn't make it the night before). I pray, relax, read just have time to myself. I take sissy nichole to school around 710 then go to work. Daddy takes you to school most days.

Presley, you love 1st grade. You started this school year not even knowing all your sounds and yet you are now thriving in reading and math! I am so excited and proud of your hard effort. You struggle with your relationships....you are so full of strength and passion and sometimes that overtakes you. I understand.

Trent you.love.school. period. You feel loved and you are by all the teachers. You too are thriving in learning and controlling your urges that are leftover from your toddler years. Tantruming and throwing fits are less and less.

Daddy continues to make every breath he has here count for the Lord. He ministers to the homeless each saturday and stays on his toes as to what God leads him to do. Yet most dads in ministry struggle to spend time with their kids, not Daddy. He takes so much time for you because he loves you.

And momma, on the outside I do what it takes to get the job done, but inside I continue to wrestle with questions, doubt, insecurity and so on. I wish I was like others that didn't see life like a music piece. But for me its like this: The beautiful cheerful parts only become so beautiful after the dark and disturbing measures. To live is to laugh, cry, scream, struggle, doubt, joy and love. They are all intertwined for me. It is a complicated web of experiences, emotions, relationships, growth, God, fallen man and restoration. Yet it is alwasys OK!! Because I am hidden in the cleft of the rock.

Love Momma

No comments: